On Sunday evenings, from September through May, young people from grade 6 through grade 12 gather from 5:00-6:30 for Fun, Food, Fellowship and Faith! We share a meal and fun activities such as basketball, badminton, indoor games, etc. The youth lead us in worship songs, with high school youth taking a leadership role. We then gather to learn more about the gospel of the week. All youth are welcome. Feel free to bring a friend.
As part of the St Bs youth program there are bi-annual trips and adventures. These Urban Adventures, pilgrimages and mission trips are integrated into the overall program and offer a unique opportunity in their faith journey.
- Recently the younger kids went to DC on a MLK Jr. based scavenger hunt.
- From July 7 to 14, ninth and tenth grade pilgrims followed the path to freedom of one of Maryland’s own saints, Harriet Tubman. Their mantra, attributed to Harriet Tubman, was
“If you are tired, keep going;
If you are scared, keep going;
If you are hungry, keep going;
If you want to taste Freedom, KEEP GOING.”
- St. B’s 11th and 12th graders participated in a Mission Trip this summer. They traveled to Navajoland, Arizona, from June 29 to July 6 where they engaged in a variety of work, along with youth from other parts of the county.
YOUTH MINISTER POSITION
Needed: Part time (12-15 hours per week) Coordinator of Youth Education (middle school and high school ages) at St. Bartholomew’s Episcopal Church, 4711 Edmondson Avenue, Baltimore, MD. The successful candidate will
- prepare curriculum for weekly program,
- prepare/tidy space, teach, and participate in Sunday evening meetings (~5-6:30 pm) in Youth House adjacent to church,
- coordinate and participate in youth events (parish and diocesan),
- plan/coordinate fund raisers,
- organize parent volunteers, and
- communicate with youth-related groups/individuals at St. Bartholomew’s and local churches.
Ideally candidate will attend 10:30 am Sunday service and interact with youth. Hours will vary depending on occurrence of youth events but are expected to average no more than 15 per week. High School degree required, along with recent experience as participant or leader in/of a church youth group. Must complete online teaching module called Safe Church and be willing to undergo background check. Pay: $15/hour. Email Steve Miller (email@example.com) with resume to apply.